Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summer crazy

We have had quite a busy summer here- we packed a LOT in!  (I'm going to use that as my excuse for limited posts!)

May:  Eye appointment- no major news, no contact change, no glasses (Still!) and we spent as much time as we could outside (including a backyard campout!!)
I love it outside!


June:  School is out!  We had a dance recital (ok, Tommy's sisters did, but it affected him!), and the wedding of a family/friend
I rock a tux!
July:  Fourth of July, first haircut, vacation, and Cedar Point trip!


My first haircut!

I'm famous in Portland, Maine!
Northern Atlantic Ocean is COLD!


Ben and Jerry sure know how to make ice cream!


We ONLY use REAL maple syrup

August:  Real camp-out (a little nerve wracking with open fire and open water with a curious toddler!), more time outside, and trip to the Zoo (which was really in September, but I'm counting as end of summer)
I have to protect myself from the paparazzi (AKA mom)

Landscape project brings cool trucks!!



September:  Zoo trip and first day of school for sisters- and just another day for me.  Tommy was late to walk, but is apparently over-eager to hit the "terrible-twos" stage.  This is compounded by another round of 'Tommy vs Patch'.  He is also learning to take his contact out himself- a skill I wouldn't care if he never learned.
ROAR!

My sisters started new schools and mommy made signs, (note patch on backwards as he ripped it off 3 times by 7am)

As you can see- "The eye" hasn't taken over our lives.  (it takes over my thoughts a lot of the time still!)  Tommy is like any other typical 4th kid- dragged here, there, and everywhere!  He wears a contact, he wears a patch, but he's just another 18 month old who is spoiled rotten, naughty, sweet as sugar, and more fun than I every could have expected!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Sorry you are dealing with the Tommy vs. Patch war. Never fun. Also love the the Eye hasn't taken over your life. It is part of it, but not everything. That is a great place to be. Wonder when he will get glasses? Is it usually at age 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really does look like he's grown up over the summer even just in the pics you posted. Let's pretend it had nothing to do with getting his hair cut?! ;) I think the 18 month mark was a big milestone for me and the Eye... finally started to see how it was just a part of our life and not ALL of our life. Ha. Yay for you, as well!!!

    I think Easton is trying to take his contact out by himself too?! Especially now that you mention it. He is always poking and reaching, I used to think he was itching... but now I think he might be mimicking, considering his developmental age. Hadn't thought of it till now, let's just hope he does not learn this skill anytime soon!!?!

    ReplyDelete