Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow

It's been a mild winter, or at least it had been until this week!  Tommy loves it outside, but I've always wondered if the bright light bothers his eye more than the "average eye".  In bright lights, Tommy gets a funny "Popeye squint" when it is too bright, which I think is just adorable!  (although at times it does worry  me just a little).   I know there are a million different types of sunglasses, but I have a hard enough time getting him to keep the patch on, adding one more layer to that seemed like too much work.  Plus, I am saving that battle for when we have to wear REAL glasses.

So, Tommy was not a big fan of the snow.  Life was good as long as I held him, but sledding?  Not so much.  Cold snow?  He could live without it.  He's happy to view the snow from the safety of Mommy's arms...
Or from behind the nice warm window!

2 comments:

  1. What a lil sweetheart, I love the dino hat!

    The squinting in light, although concerning... is normal. My understanding is they eventually grow out of it, we shall see.

    I do know light sensitivity is also a sign of glaucoma though, as is tearing and clouding of the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of him standing at the window! It is so serene. Pictures of little boys are the only time you get that feeling. In real life, they aren't quite so serene. :) hehehe

    Austin has light sensitivity in his aphakic eye as well. I hope that it is the "normal" sensitivity. We will find out over time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete